Saturday, February 07, 2009

If My Heart Left The Trees...

This is a song I wrote, I originally wrote it as a poem and changed the format to be a song. These are the words in song lyric form. 

I wrote it when I was having conflicting thoughts regarding my future and where I want to live and where I want to go with my life. 

"If My Heart Left The Trees"
by Spencer Sharpe

Oh there's music in my soul.
I want to rock, and I want to roll.
Oh there's music in my soul
like the black hills it flows.

My love is deep and my love is pure
but I step on things I can't endure.
I try to hide and I try to seek,
but my heart hangs up in the trees,
up above for all to see
for all to see...

But if you're blind, I will say
my breathe gives it all away. 
Sometimes I find it hard to stay
because things don't always go my way. 

But I know that if I leave,
I will cough and I will heave
all the things I'd long to see
that are so very dear to me. 

All the people, all the trees,
all the children, all the leaves,
all these things I'd long to see,
if my heart left the trees. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home