Saturday, January 10, 2009

Favorite 10 Albums of 2008

1. The Envy Corps- Dwell
I love this album from the first second I heard it, amazing music, lyrics and dynamics. Could not be better. 

2. Coldplay- Viva La Vida
My second favorite Coldplay, behind Parachutes. This album is really great and is different than all of their other albums. Very intelligent and original. 

3. Death Cab For Cutie- Narrow Stairs
Not my favorite Death Cab. Like Coldplay, this album is very different, but I do like it. They have really taken a different route musically. 

4. Television Dreams- Chris McLeod
Even if I didn't know him, I would still like this album. Very creative and incredible song-writing. 

5. The Sucker Punch Show- Lovedrug
Again, different than their other stuff. This album was actually a lot more rock than the others. The lyrics were a lot about how he lost his faith. 

6. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals- Cardinology 
A great album. I think I like it almost as much as Cold Roses, which is his other album with The Cardinals.  

7. Jenny Lewis- Acid Tongue 
This is Jenny Lewis, of Rilo Kiley. Good album. 

8. Fleet Foxes- Fleet Foxes
Not a lot to say, but I dig. 

9. Conor Oberst- Conor Oberst
First solo album. Bright Eyes is his main project. 

10. Cold War Kids- Loyalty To Loyalty 
I like their first album better, but this one is alright. 

Honorable Mention: Sigur Ros- Sigur Ros
I don't own this album, but when I heard it, I really liked it. 

4 Comments:

At 1/11/2009 10:12 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Good choices.

But where's the Killers, man?

 
At 1/11/2009 11:09 AM, Blogger m@ said...

good list...i need to check out the lovedrug album and the jenny lewis album.

 
At 1/11/2009 11:14 AM, Blogger Spencer said...

Michael: I don't own it. I actually recently bought Sawdust and have yet to listen to it. I like Samstown, and Hot Fuss is ok, I like The Killers a lot more than a lot of people who listen to similar music do, but I'm not the biggest fan.

Matt: Yes you do. I can't say it's my favorite Lovedrug, but I can't say it's not. All of the albums are very different to me and are special to me in different ways.

And Jenny Lewis is good too.

 
At 1/11/2009 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. i am honored to be on this list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home