Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Directions

Hello. It's been a long long while. Too long, if you ask me. 

I'm really trying to get back into this blogging thing because I feel that for the first time, I actually might have something worth saying. 

I'm going to keep this post short, but one question I have been asking myself recently is:

Did Jesus intend on creating a religion?

I've been reading Mark Scandrette's book "Soul Graffiti" ( I know, English nerds, a book title is supposed to be underlined, but I can't figure out how to underline on this website) and it has been really inspiring.

I've also been listening to Page France a lot. I recommend them for everyone. 

Goodbye for now.  

3 Comments:

At 10/15/2008 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spencer,

I'm glad you've been inspired by a taste of SOUL GRAFFITI.

--mark

 
At 10/15/2008 10:29 PM, Blogger Spencer said...

Wow. Thanks a lot, Mark. I also appreciated your talk at The Church Basement Roadshow in Tulsa.

Thanks for reading.

 
At 10/17/2008 10:31 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Since religion is essentially an established way of living life, according to a code that others can follow as well, I think it would be fair to say that Jesus intended to give us a religion.

But since religion has also come to mean a long and arbitrary set of rules and restrictions on life that must be followed to prevent eternal damnation, I'm not sure that Jesus intended that religion.

Mankind is a fragile race with a short attention span. I'm not sure that Jesus, in all of his infinite wisdom and power, could teach us how to live according to his will in any way other than the religion that is called Christianity.

Now if only all "Christians" really adhered to the religion set forth by the Christ, we might actually be able to convince more people to come along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home