Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Overwhelming Excitement of a Beta Fish


So, the past few days I have just been wanting a big aquarium in my room. So yesterday I went to PETCO and looked around at all the different possibilities. The main tank I was looking at was a 10 gallon tank about 20 inches wide and a foot tall. It came with everything, lights, pump, filter, ect. It was sixty bucks but I was going to do it. I also looked at a foot wide pirate ship to put on the inside which was 20. I looked at all the possible fish I could get and the main one I wanted was a bala shark which are 3 inches long as babies but could grow to be over a foot long. I was thinking "that would be so sweet if I had a shark." I wanted to put betta fish, goldfish, guppies and all kinds of things in the tank...but it came up to over a hundred bucks and my mom was like "how do you know you'll like it?" and I said "Trust me. I will love it." But I decided that was too much and the guy told me with a ten gallon tank you can't hold a bala shark at it's full grown size, let alone other fish.

So I looked around and saw another tank. Same size just no lights or cleaning stuff. I thought at first "I could get JUST a bala shark" but I realized that if I have to clean it myself I don't want to take a foot long shark out of a tank weekly. So I said how about just goldfish, guppies, and some beta. We asked the guy that but he said betas can't be with other fish. So I said, "okay just like 5 betas then." But he said betas must be alone. So in the end I got one beta fish (his name is Owen), food and cleaning supplies, a plant, a "No Fishing" sign, and a little statue of liberty.

I went home, set up his bowl, put him in and was entertained for about a minute and then went down stairs. So, what I was getting to was that things can seem a lot more exciting before they happen. Possibly even worth a hundred bucks. But in the end, it's just a beta fish.

6 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/16/2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Jessica T said...

dude i think you got spammed, lol ...

anyways, yea the pet store punks are natzis about how much fish can go in a tank. maybe I WANT TO WATCH A SHARK EAT FIVE BETAS! duh, it's more exciting that way

 
At 8/16/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Brad said...

" and was entertained for about a minute and then went down stairs."

You learned a valuable lesson; and it didn't cost you $100.

bs

 
At 8/21/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Jessica T said...

i think chris is on to something, I would buy one ...

 
At 8/21/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Man, the shark would never get old. Case closed.

 
At 8/23/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Tank said...

yeah, sharks are much cooler than betas, unless you have two betas that fight, that is cool, but only for a few minutes still

 

Post a Comment

<< Home