Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pluto, Mars, and My Social Justice Car





I'm sorry I haven't been blogging lately. Blogging has been the pits....Like arm pits. Blogging has been arm pits. Nobody else updates...I don't update. It's simple.

Anyway. School has started and I'm tired all ready. My first thought though was about Pluto. (Not the dog, the planet but I liked the picture of the dog better) What's this stuff about it "officially not being a planet anymore" I have been taught since kindergarten that it was and now it's not? You can't just say it's not because than you could say "the US is not a country anymore." Oh well. They probably had good reason though...or maybe not.

The "Mars" in the title wasn't actually about the planet it was about my teacher Mrs. Mars. (But again I liked the picture of the planet better) So, if you don't know this, I spent most of my summer reading The Count of Monte Cristo. For school, we had to read the book and write a paper for English class. I read the book and wrote what I thought was a good paper. I showed up with the paper on the first day of school in English II class room 204 with my paper in hand. I asked when we would turn it in and she told me Monday. I was satisfied. Monday I show up with my paper and my homework from Friday, ready to turn in. We go to hand it all in and she said "Don't turn in your homework, we're going to go over it." I recognized this but still went to hand my paper in but she said "You're not supposed to be handing anything in to me." So I thought "I guess we'll turn it in later." I almost forgot about it when two days later someone in the class asked "When do you want our Summer Reading papers?" She replied "Uhh...Last Monday!" Everyone was confused. Then she said "I will accept them for half credit." I was crazy mad. I worked hard on the thing. I had to have my mom talk to her because she's a scary lady. But it all got worked out and I got full credit. My Mom's amazing.

On the other side of life...I got a 4runner a few months ago. I can't drive it yet because I'm not old enough so it sits. For a while, my brother's car was broken so he borrowed my Dad's car and my Dad drove mine. Soon after....My sister's car got totaled and she has been borrowing it for several weeks until she got a new one the other day. During that time both she and Jordan (her very close really good friend...haha) drove it. Less than 24 hours later my friend Chris (Jordan's brother...haha inside joke) needed a car to use while his was being fixed so he has been driving it for a few days. Who's next...

Lastly, I'm opening up for Too Few Forgotten at the Refuge September 8th at 9. Then, I'm playing bass for my friend Ryan who's also playing. If any of you could come that would be awesome.

Well, Life's been good and I hope I get to drive my car a little bit at least in the next couple years.

4 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Seth said...

First comment!

Congrats on opening up, man. I won't be able to make it, but best wishes.

Yeah, what's up with Pluto? What does that do to all the other little rhymes I learned that tell me what order the planets are in and how many there are? I've got a college education, and this is still screwing with my head...

 
At 8/31/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Preston Sharpe said...

Thanks for stealing my "social justice car" statement without any copyright recognition whatsoever!

Also, I hope Mrs. Mars doesn't ever google her name and see your blog!

 
At 9/01/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger m@ said...

also, i hope mrs. mars DOES see your blog. that would be an interesting showdown the next day in class after that. if it doesn't go well, maybe you could drop out of school and start your own non-profit called "Invisible 4Runners". if THAT doesn't go well on planet earth, maybe you could relocate your organization to help the newly estranged citizens of _____ pluto. sorry, it's late.....i'm deliriously tired.

 
At 9/01/2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Spencer said...

Actually 4. I counted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home